|KAILASH CHANDRA MEHER|
Awarded Padma Shri by the President of India
Date of Birth :- Dt. 22-01-1954
Place of Birth :- Sonepur Town (Odisha)
Present Address :- Kala Bhavan, Rajendra College Chowk, Bolangir - 767002
Odisha, INDIA. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nationality :- Indian
Religion :- Hindu
Education :- Degree Certificate on Fine Art & Craft from Shantiniketan,
Viswa Bharati University, West Bengal.
Profession :- Artist (painter)
Designation / :- Principal, Indian Art & Craft Academy, Bolangir.
Awards & Honours :-
2013 : Awarded Padma Shri by the President of India
1979 : Orissa Lalit Kala Akademy Award
1985 : Orissa Lalit Kala Akademy Award
2009 : Top prestigious "SHILP GURU" Award by the President of India
1986 : "National Award" by the President of India
2004 : UNESCO (SHARK) Award
1997 : Viswakarma Award
1991 : Kalamani Award by Chief Minister of Haryana
2005 : Koshal Ratna Award
2013 : Odisha Living Legend Award
Participated In International Exhibition :-
Glasgow (Scotland), London (England), Barli-Jakarta (Indonesia), Bangkok (Thailand), Singapore, Vienna (Austria), Dubai (U.A.E.), Athens (Greece), Milan (Italy), Frankfurt (Germany) & New York (USA).
Collection At :-
The Hon’ble Prime Minister of India.
The Hon’ble President of India.
Smt. Pupul Jayakar, Cultural Advisor to Prime Minister
Principal Advisor cum Planning Commissioner, Yojana Bhawan, New Delhi.
Women & Child Development Commissioner, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi.
Secretary Textile, New Delhi.
Development Commissioner (Handloom) New Delhi.
Development Commissioner (Handicraft) New Delhi.
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), New Delhi.
The Handloom & Handicraft Export Corporation Ltd. New Delhi.
Nandan Art Gallery, Shantiniketan, West Bengal.
Odisha Lalit Kala Academy.
National Handicraft Museum.
Dr. H.R.Devitre, Geneve, Switzerland.
Mabuko Matsna, Ishikama in Japan.
Tomosa Easley R.M.S. Venezia, Italy.
Tolamedia Dev. Institute Tokyo, Japan.
The Reeves Centree Lee University, Washington, Virginia -24450.
Abhay Khatav, Malabar Hill, Bombay-8.
Demographer, the World Bank, Wasington D.C., U.S.A.
The Asia & Pacific Museum, Warsaw, Poland.
Rainer Lechmann, First Secretary, Embassy of the East Germany
The National Geographic Magazine, Wasington D.C. , U.S.A. 20036
Chairman Golf States Paper Corporation, Tuscaloosa, Albabama.
The Oberoi Hotel, Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
Thousands of foreign top VIPs privet collection in Glasgow, England, Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore, Austria, France, U.A.E., Greece, Italy, Germany, USA etc.
Lacs of painting privet collection from many VVIPs in different states of India.
1) Sri Kailash Chandra Meher born in an Artist family Sonepur town of Odisha. He is presently residing at Kalabhavan, College Chowk, Bolangir–767002, Odisha by accepting the place permanently and also studied in Kalabhavan, Santiniketan, Viswabharati University, West Bengal with his creative activities and to promote skill of women in traditional and fine art in the field through innovative new designs and paintings.
2) Before receiving Padma Shri Award Mr. Meher highly worldwide reputed and famous artist as a contemporary Modern Art Painter in India & Abroad. Because his painting is totally creative innovative concept with used new type technically method in contemporary modern art painting, which is totally different from other artists. So his painting is highly appreciated everywhere in VVIPs and Milliners.
Mr. Meher always used painting totally concept is how to solve the social problem for the society people and secondly he used to Indian philosophical thought concept which is highly useful in present modern trend for their peaceful life accordingly by Vastu Shastra formula.
3) In addition to exhibitions of solo contemporary/modern art paintings and participation in group at State & National Level, he has also successfully participated in International exhibitions at Glasgow, London, Bali Jakarta, Bangkok, Singapore, Vienna, Paris, Dubai, Athens, Frankfurt and New York. For his own versatile skill and achievement he has been awarded two times Orissa Lalit Kala Akademi Awards in 1979 & 1985 so far the prestigious “Shilpguru” title Award from HE the President of India, National, UNESCO & Viswakarma Award in 2009, 1986, 2004 & 1997 respectively. He also been awarded “Kalamani” title Award twice in 1991 & 2001. Further it is to mention that four of his family members are got National Awards from HE the President of India.
4) So after successfully completion of 15 years of Central Govt. service he had given resignation in the year 1993 from Weavers’ Service Centre, Govt. of India. Because he was given resignation only for developing the world record poorest area KBK district women Artisan for their economic condition through training and employment for their regular bread and butter,
5) Now KBK district is a highly sensitive poorest area to escape from social criminal activities of poorest girls/women of KBK district. He has started many social organization with the help up support of the District Collector (District Magistrate) and Superintendent of Police (SP). To giving them training and employment, so he started some fine art, handloom & handicraft organization like:-
A) Indian Art & Craft Academy for Women
B) Indira Gandhi Women Weavers Co-operative Society Ltd.
C) Bharatiya Hastakala Industrial Co-operative Society Ltd.
D) Handicraft Handloom Museum and Service Centre for Women
These organizations are all registered under the Society Act and by batches he trained number of trainees with accomplished skill and innovative courage to successfully excel in the field and got appointments for their existence and supports to their families.
6) Sri Meher always thinks of innovative/new designs, techniques with a new conceptual research and experiments about traditional painting of Odisha for better market promotion in India as well as in foreign countries. Tree paintings presented as an example for the prestigious Shilpguru Award was a specimen of his excellence. Because of his excellent work in traditional paintings, many more artisan students & followers got National Award and also thousands of artisan families survive their livelihood by following his innovative/creative designs and paintings for their bread & butter.
7) Because to support him to fulfill the noble intention of Mr. Meher, the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Odisha given him 1.5 acres of land in the heart of the District Head Quarters of Bolangir town and Sonepur Collector also has given 0.5 acre of land in Sonepur rural area for their training and employment of poor girls of KBK districts.
8) A very talented and competent artist of National and International repute, Sri Meher’s work is its own advertisement. For his talent India’s top level VVIP persons are given 48 nos. of certificates and awards for his excellent work, especially the certificate of the Principal Advisor to Planning Commission Kasturi Gupta Menon and Advisor to Prime Minister (Late Shri Rajiv Gandhi) Mrs. Pupul Jayakar, Ex. Secretary (Textiles) Mrs. Kiran Dhingra, Ex. Secretary (Textiles) Shri Shyamal Ghosh and other top VVIPs of India.
Mr. Meher's Oil Paintings:-
Photographs of Award & Honour :-
|President Presenting Padma Shri Award to Kailash Chandra Meher |
on 5th April, 2013 at Rastrapati Bhawan, New Delhi.
|Received ShilpGuru Award|
|Received National Award|
|Received UNESCO (Shark) Award|
Photographs with VVIPs :-
|Sri Pranav Mukharjee visit painings of Mr. Meher|
|Former President of India Congratulate to Mr. Meher|
|Former Cabinet Secretary with Meher Couples|
|Hon'ble Chief Minister of Odisha with Mr. Meher|
|Hon'ble Governor of Assam with Mr Meher|
|Former Governor of Orissa with Mr. Meher|
|Former State Cabinet Ministers given honour to Mr Meher|
|Shri Satrughan Sinha with Mr Meher|
|Former State Cabinet Minister with Mr Meher|
|Former Chief Secretary with Mr Meher|
|With famous Industrialist Mr. Adi Godrej,|
He is one of the richest Indians with net worth of US$ 9 billion.
|With Padma Shri Ramesh Sippy & his wife, Indian Film Director. |
He is also known for directing the famous film "Sholay".
|With Padma Shri Apurba Kishore Bir, the Indian Film Cinematographer and Director.|
|Photograph of Painting Training Centre.|
|Photograph of Painting Training Centre.|
|Photograph of Painting Training Centre.|
Visit Facebook Page :-
Links to Visit :-